Today we talked about how to get more followers on Periscope and Twitter. Here are some ideas:
- Be consistent with regular broadcasts.
- Be honest in everything you do online. People can tell when you’re lying.
- Make your post titles exact.
- Follow 50 people a day.
- Unfollow those people a week later if they aren’t following you back.
- Use a website like ManageFlitter to keep track or make your own spreadsheet.
- Follow people with similar interests.
These are just a few tips and ideas. I was concerned about this topic because it seems a little inside baseball, but overall it went very well. It was fun to hear why everyone started watching my broadcasts in the first place.
Thank you for all the questions today! Tweet at me (@TopherHarless) if you have more ways to build a following or you have ideas for tomorrow’s episode!
About the show:
One More Minute Won’t Hurt | Daily live streamed videos from the app “Periscope” about film and TV.
Join in the conversation every weekday at Noon PST. We schedule 5 minutes, you keep us longer. | Hosted by @TopherHarless