Today we played a game where you name a movie and then try to describe the concept of the movie with the titles of another movie or two. It sounds more complicated than it is, so for example:
- The TV show Daredevil is just a blind Chris Nolan Batman
Some other examples:
- Batman v Superman is like Chris Nolan’s Batman, but Avengers
- Zathura, Jumanji in space
- American Ultra is Jason Bourne in Superbad
- Entourage is Sex and the City, but with men
- The Martian is Robinson Crusoe in space
- Neighbors is Disturbia/Rear Window, but frat guys instead of a killer
Why do this? Because this is the way producers and writers often pitch their ideas to convey them more clearly. If you’re looking to pitch something, then this is definitely something you should be doing.
I want to thank everyone who joined and for all the questions! Tweet at me if you want to continue the conversation or you have ideas for tomorrow’s episode!
About the show:
One More Minute Won’t Hurt | Daily live streamed videos from the app “Periscope” about film and TV.
Join in the conversation every weekday at Noon PST. We schedule 5 minutes, you keep us longer. | Hosted by @TopherHarless